Bah, I tried my hand at making pesto tonight, trying to get rid of my unwieldy basil plant that’s been growing out of control all winter. But I really only had about a cup (packed) of leaves, so I thought I’d make just enough for a snack. Or something.
So I started chopping up some walnuts (not pine nuts) and garlic.
Added the pesto leaves.
Poured in some EVOO.
Then I started to go very wrong. The amount of parmesan cheese my recipe called for seemed to be way too much. So I only added about half. Then, when I tasted it, it was too parmesan-y. So I added some fresh black pepper. Then a little more. And a little more. And then it was too peppery.
So, all in all, eh. But it was all my fault.
Filed under: Cooking |