I’m back from my surgery! Not anywhere near 100%…somewhere near 50-60%, but I’m going to start to try blogging again.
The surgery went really well, although last week was very rough…so I haven’t been doing very much yet. Luckily, the hubby has been willing to take a few pics for me.
Last week in the garden – around 6/25:
I’m not able to go into the garden yet, even to weed, so I haven’t seen it since the middle of June. But K went today and look at what he came home with!
More lettuce, almost a quart of sugarsnap peas, a bazillion zucchini and a couple of strawberries. 🙂 The berries were delicious! I have no idea what to do with so many zucchini! Any ideas?
Apparently our tomatoes are not doing too well. It’s been raining almost every day for the last two weeks. Makes me sad…I wanted to make and can tomato sauce this summer!
My ILs came up week before last and brought us the 15lbs of cherries they promised -whee! This past week my MIL and SIL came up to visit and pitted them for us, then froze them. I can’t wait to feel better enough to make strawberry and cherry jam now.
K went by himself to the farmer’s market today because I wasn’t feeling very well…he came home with this:
- 1 quart milk from Battenkill Creamery
- 3 lb fresh chicken from Sweet Tree Farm
- 1 quart strawberries from Buhrmaster farm (not sure why, when we have a bunch we picked that we froze a few weeks ago 😉
- 1 oz. green tea with jasmine from Divinitea
- 2 cobs of corn from Migliorelli Farm
- 1 bunch of broccoli from Barber Farm
- 1 quart of red potatoes from Barber Farm
- 1lb of wildflower honey from Lloyd Spear, beekeeper
I don’t know how often I’ll be able to update this in the next few weeks, as I feel better and better it’ll get updated more, but some days are better than others. Thanks for sticking with me!
Filed under: Gardening |