The tide has turned. Fall doesn’t technically start until Tuesday, but it is pretty chilly now. Tonight it’s supposed to be 40 DEGREES F.
Normally, I love fall, it’s the reason why I picked September to get married, the season of my birthday, my most favorite time of the year. But this year’s different, possibly because I didn’t really get a summer this year, between surgery and all the rain. Which is funny, because summer is usually my LEAST favorite time of the year because of the heat.
Today I woke up not feeling very excited about the day. Some of my readers probably know why. But I’m trying to make the best of things and am going to throw myself into the myriad of things I have on my To-Do list.
- Making 100-mile Pear Upside Down Cake with Whipped Cream.
- Making Allison’s @ Eat Clean Live Green‘s Great Scott Granola Bars.
- Going to the garden to plant fall crops and get it ready for winter.
- Picking up my car from the mechanic, who just gave it a transmission flush.
- Possibly making more butter, in these cute little butter molds I picked up from A Different Drummer’s Kitchen, a local cookware shop in Albany.
- Canning cherry jam.
Speaking of Allison, did you know she was doing a giveaway? Head to her page to win a sample pack of Taste of Nature granola bars!
But before I get started on today, hubby is going to make me some french toast with our local bread, eggs and milk. That will definitely start the day off right.