Ignore the filthy table. Today was a quick jaunt to the farmer’s market because we had a brunch date with some friends. Since we went to the co-op on Saturday night, we only had a few things to pick up at the market.
- 1lb chicken thighs and legs from Sweet Tree Farm
- 8 oz. feta cheese and 8 oz. of mozzarella from Heamour Farm
- 2lbs clover honey (mostly gone already – I baked today!) from Lloyd Spear, Beekeeper
- 1/2 gallon of reduced-fat milk, plus 1 pint cream (not pictured because I used it for baking already) from Battenkill Creamery
- 1 quart fall peaches from Maynard Farm
Our meal plan for the week includes:
Last night – Local spaghetti squash with a sauce made from local tomatoes, garlic, onions, spices, etc.
Other nights this week:
- Pizza with the feta and mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, etc.
- Spicy honey-brushed chicken
- Portabello mushroom “burgers” with Ezekial buns
The sides with our meals always vary based on the mood we’re in, but always veggies from our garden/farmers market plus a starch. We’re very traditionalist. 🙂 We’re going out with friends two different nights this week so we didn’t need to plan as much as we normally do.
Filed under: Green Living |