We’re home from Florida! Man, that exclamation mark should NOT be there. It’s wonderful to go away from the cold and dreary upstate this time of year, but it’s so hard to come back to it.
This is what we left…
At least it’s not snowing here. At least, not until Tuesday.
We got to the farmers market this morning, to stock up on a few things for the new week.
- 2 half-gallons of reduced-fat milk and 1 pint chocolate milk from Battenkill Creamery
- 1 half-gallon of apple cider from Migliorelli Farm
- 1 dozen eggs from Coopers Ark Farm
- 1/2lb of spinach from Madura Farms
- 1 Copenhagen pastry from The Placid Baker
- 6 apples (3 Empire, 2 Jonagold, 1 Fuji)
- 1lb stew beef from Sweet Tree Farm
- 1 loaf of apple bread from Naga Bakehouse
The Copenhagen was a new pastry to me. I think it’s another form of a danish – and ours had almond, custard, and currants, I believe. It was REALLY good, washed down with some chocolate milk.
The apple bread from Naga Bakehouse probably has a formal name, but I didn’t get to ask the vendor. This was our second time trying them after the blueberry/ricotta bread we got in November that K didn’t really like. But he wanted to try them again. He liked the apple bread much better. You can really taste the smokiness of the wood-fired oven in it.
So…back to the grind. But maybe my sunburned arms will hold on until the sun peeks out sometime in May/June here! 🙂
I have a number of Florida-related posts to get to, and they will come out sometime this week! Gotta show what we did during vacation!
Filed under: Uncategorized |