Farmers Market Sunday, a day late and a dollar short. Today was a lovely day off, doing a million errands. Honestly, just what did I do the rest of the weekend? It’s like I saved everything till today, and there’s not nearly enough time.
But enough of that. Here’s this weekend’s loot from the farmer’s market:
- 1 loaf rustic Italian bread, 1 challah roll, and 1 croissant from Our Daily Bread
- 1 half-gallon of reduced fat milk, 1 pint of chocolate milk from Battenkill Creamery
- 1 leek and 1/2 lb fresh spinach from Madura Farms
- 1 dozen jumbo-sized eggs from Coopers Ark Farm
- 1lb ground beef and 1lb stew beef from Sweet Tree Farm
- 1 bottle raspberry dessert wine from Hudson-Chatham Winery
Add 3 camera-shy Jonagold apples to that. 🙂
My breakfast Sunday morning, after the market was delish. Challah Roll with cream cheese and I broke open a new jar of blueberry jam. Finally, some jam that gelled like jam and wasn’t syrupy! Coupled this with a cup of the always delicious fresh chocolate milk from Battenkill and I was in heaven. Sunday mornings are always awesome.
My brother and his fiancee L are coming up to go out to dinner with us next weekend. It’s our belated Christmas gift to each other. Finally, after years and years of trying to buy gifts for each other, we called Uncle and decided to just go out to dinner together each year. So next weekend we’re going to go to one of the best restaurants in this area – a great excuse to try someplace fancy! We picked up this bottle of dessert wine for afterwards.
Yum! I got to taste it at the farmer’s market and I loved it. Hopefully they will too.
Filed under: Uncategorized |