It’s been awhile since I tallied our farmer’s market shopping, so here’s this week’s:
- 1 quart of reduced fat milk, and one pint of chocolate milk from Battenkill Creamery
- 1 sticky bun, 1 blueberry crumb muffin, and 1 loaf of honey whole wheat bread from Our Daily Bread
- 1 bunch of asparagus from Buhrmaster Farm
- 3lbs of Adirondack Red potatoes from Maynard Farm
- 1.18lbs of flatiron steak from Sweet Tree Farm
- 8oz. mozzarella cheese from R&G cheese
Oh and of course, this! 4 Matt’s Wild Cherry tomato plants, which we put in the garden last night.
Sunday night, we had the most delicious dinner of the steak, asparagus and new spring potatoes while sitting out on our deck watching over the Great Flats. Last night was whole wheat pizza with the mozzarella cheese, spinach from the garden, and canned (not ours) tomato sauce. Tonight, omelets with Coopers Ark eggs, mushrooms, cheese, spinach, and tomatoes. Almost everything local, and it’s just going to get better in the coming months!
Filed under: Cooking |