Yes, it’s ridiculously late, but I was just going over my pictures from the week and realized I never posted this week’s goodies from the Greenmarket.
- 1 quart cherries from Maynard Farm
- 1lb buckwheat and 1lb wildflower honey
- 1 pint chocolate milk and 1/2 gallon of reduced-fat milk
- 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese and 32 oz. of maple yogurt from R&G cheese
- 1 dozen jumbo eggs from Coopers Ark Farm
- 1 bagel, 1 sticky bun, and 1 croissant from Our Daily Bread
- 1lb of new red potatoes from Madura Farm
- 1 bunch asparagus from Buhrmaster Farm
- 3 pieces rhubarb from Migliorelli Farm
- 1 bowl of black and white sticky rice with mango
Ok, this bowl of sticky rice. It’s sort of the whole point of this post.
Oh my gosh. I was going through my pics, as I said previously, and it made my mouth water all over again. This was made by Thunder Mountain Curry, with a recycled plastic bowl (boo for plastic, yay for it being recyclable), a banana leaf, black and white sticky rice with coconut cream infused lemongrass and the most delicious mango I’ve ever tasted on top. It was melt-in-your-mouth goodness from the first bite till last. The guy who served it said it was the last of the mango, and I’m hoping he’s wrong because I WANT MORE!!! But what do I know about the mango season, except for the fact that no, it’s definitely not local.
There are some rules made to be broken, which is why I’m not sure I can ever go 100% local. Sweet, delicious mangoes? Yes please. 🙂
Filed under: Uncategorized |