Hallo there!! How is your summer going? After a trip away and some time spent in the kitchen “putting up” (as I like to call it) I’m finally back to the computer. And what better way to ease back into it than to take a look at what we got at the market this Sunday.
The market is BURSTING with produce every which way, and it’s all I can do to stop myself from buying. After all, our own garden is beginning to produce a good harvest and we haven’t even gotten many tomatoes just yet. Oh boy, I’m a bit afraid of all I will have to do when they finally start coming in by the boatload.
But here’s today’s bounty:
- Yellow plums from Maynard Farm
- Purple Viking potatoes from Full Quiver Farm
- 1 pint chocolate milk and 1 half-gallon reduced-fat milk from Battenkill Creamery
- Sticky black and white rice with mangoes from Thunder Mountain Curry
- 2 ears of sweet corn, one patty pan squash and one yellow squash from Barber Farm
- 1 loaf of whole wheat bread from Our Daily Bread
- 8oz. fresh mozzarella from R&G cheese
Tonight we had cod steaks from The Cousins Fish Market, the two ears of corn and a terrific sauteed medley of the squashes (and one of my cukes from the garden) brought to life even more by the sage, thyme, and oregano from the pots on my deck – c’est magnifique! It was delicious.
Filed under: Uncategorized |