The summer Greenmarket will be coming to an end in about another month. It will then move indoors to Proctor’s until the end of April. No more fresh fruits! Only greens and root veggies for awhile! Bah, I need to prepare myself.
But in the meantime, there’s still lots to enjoy. This week, we picked up:
- That awesome ciobatta bread, a croissant, and a cheese danish from Our Daily Bread.
- Potatoes (can’t remember the name) and Orange Hubbard squash from Barber Farm.
- Concord grapes (grapes!) from Madura Farm.
- 2lbs chicken sausage from Coopers Ark Farm.
- 1 gallon apple cider from Migliorelli Farm and 1 bunch arugala.
- 1 half-gallon of reduced-fat milk and 1 pint chocolate milk from Battenkill Creamery.
I’m not fully convinced they didn’t find these wild, because, after all, Concords are related to a wild, native species of New England. Still, they taste an awful lot like Welch’s grape juice!
Next week at the market, same bat time, same bat channel!
Filed under: Uncategorized |